WE ARE FREE IN CHRIST. ABOUT GALATIANS 5. BY FABIAN MASSA.
- WE ARE FREE OF THE LAW OF THE OLD COVENANT. From 5.1 to 5.12.
- WE ARE FREE OF THE FALLEN NATURE From 5.13 to 5.26
- CHRIST IN TRUTH HAS RELEASED US.
1. WE ARE FREE OF THE LAW OF THE OLD COVENANT.
- We tithe according to Numbers 18, that is, to tithe by a legalistic obligation. In the New Testament the congregation is responsible for the expenses of the Church and must pay for them, according to 1 Corinthians 161-3, that is, offered for love of God, which is reflected in the love for the Work (the Church ).
- Ritual rituals
- Ritual washings
- Prohibition of certain foods and beverages
- Festivals and ceremonies proper to Judaism.
- Whoever undertakes to comply with one of the points of the Law, is bound to all.
2. WE ARE FREE OF THE FALLEN NATURE
Under the power of the Holy Spirit we have a different fruit:
22 On the other hand, the kind of fruit that the Holy Spirit produces in our lives is love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, humility and self-control. There are no laws against such things!
24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed to the cross the passions and desires of the sinful nature and have crucified them there. 25 As we live by the Spirit, let us follow the guidance of the Spirit in every aspect of our life. 26 Let us not make ourselves vain, nor provoke one another, nor be jealous of one another. Galatians 5: 1-2-26 NTV.
3. CHRIST IN TRUTH HAS RELEASED US
Christ has freed us from the Kingdom of Sin and now we are free to choose to live according to the Word of God and it is Christ Himself who gives us the strength and power through the Holy Spirit to live in holiness.
But we must understand that the freedom that God gives us is total, that is to say for all areas of life:
- FREE TO PROGRESS IN ALL ORDERS: The Lord has made us free from all power of the enemy who wants to see us subjected to sin, failure, error, poverty, misery, marginalization, ignorance, violence.
- FREE TO GET OUT OF ALL LIMITATIONS: Free to believe in all God's promises to those who walk according to His Word, knowing that to all who seek the Righteousness of the Kingdom of God, all things that are in need will be added to them ( Matthew 6.33)
- FREE TO DREAM: In Christ we can dream of a better life for ourselves and our children. To dream of a better job, to dream of a better future.
- FREE TO ASK THE LORD FOR OUR DREAMS: We now have free access to the Throne of Grace to ask our Heavenly Father to help us walk in holiness, make the best decisions, act wisely in the upbringing of children, have Wisdom to get a better job, wisdom to deal with our relatives, brothers, etc ...
- WE ARE TRULY FREE BECAUSE: But He (Christ) was wounded for our transgressions, he was struck by our iniquities, he suffered in our place, and thanks to his wounds we received peace and were healed.6 "We were all lost, as sheep do. It seemed good to him, but God sent back to his faithful servant the punishment we deserved. Isaiah 53: 5-6 BLA.
In Christ we have Freedom for a new life, free from sin, free from Evil and free from all human misery. In Christ we have total freedom.
Galatians 5 - Total Freedom in Christ - Blogs by Fabian Massa