Reflection. Letters to the 7 Churches of Revelation. By Fabian Massa.
Week 70 shares with us: The Letters to the 7 Churches of Revelation.
- A message to the Universal Church of all times, ie for congregations.
- A specific message for each stage of the history of the Universal Church.
- Ephesus: The called back to the first love (early works).
- Pergamum: I protested that tolerated in her bosom those who practiced the "Doctrine of Balam" (idolatry and sexual immorality) and the Nicolaitans, of whom little is known, but Jesus tells him that their practices are abominable. The commentary oldest Revelation is known, written by Victorino of Pettau in the second century, says: "This will talk about the Nicolaitans as" false men and disturbing that ministering under the name of Nicholas created for them a heresy to say that the meats offered to idols might be exorcised and after meals, and that anyone who commits fornication could receive peace to the eighth day. "This description is possibly another speculation. For others, it would be best that the Nicolaitans were taken in conjunction with the other false doctrines denounced in Revelation  ".
- Thyatira: Jesus is against this Congregation that tolerates false prophesies, which gives the name (symbolic?) Jezebel. The name Jezebel is referring to the wife of King Ahab, the Sidonian Jezebel priestess of Baalim in his time who dragged the Northern Kingdom (Israel) to worship Baal and Astarte. This prophesy pushed Thyatira congregation to worship idols (idolatry, Rev. 2.20-22).
- Sardis: This was a church that made works, which in the eyes of society testified that Sardis was "alive." But in the eyes of Christ were dead works. How to differentiate a "live" work of a "dead"? In the same way that a living body from a corpse differs, the second has no "spirit." For example, if a congregation goes to feed the poor and do not accompany this action giving the Word of God, they have done a good deed that runs itself. However if they go with the bread and the Bread of Heaven, his work remains in the lives of these people, because the Word is what will work the miracle of salvation in them. The Church must not be a "Charitable Society" that seeks to redress the absence of state policies on nutrition and health. The Church is the salt of the world carrying the message of salvation to the oppressed, where social actions are a way to demonstrate the love of God and not an end in themselves.
- Laodicean: As in the previous four Lord recognizes good things and things to correct, this Church Jesus finds nothing because praise, calling her "Tibia" and says he is about to vomit from his mouth. But Jesus gives a message of hope, he says he rebukes because he loves and gives you the opportunity to repent. (Rev. 3.19 and 20) and also: "20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. "
Week 70 is about to begin, we need to listen to what the Spirit says to the churches.
 http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicola% C3% ADtas